Immigration Attorney Services


Frequently Asked Green Card Marriage Questions

Yes, if you are the spouse of a U.S. citizen, you can become a lawful permanent resident (get a green card), and this is the service we can help you with.
Yes, you had to have been inspected & admitted or inspected & paroled into the U.S., for example visitor visa, nonimmigrant visa, Visa Waiver Program, etc.
Yes, but only if you were in legal status when your green card application was filed.

It depends. If you are married for under two years, then USCIS grants conditional permanent residence for two years. After two years, you will need to file Form I-751 to remove the conditions of residence and get your permanent green card. We can also assist you to to file Form I-751 when the time comes.

However, if you have already been married for two years by the time you are interviewed foryour green card, then you can receive your permanent green card.

Yes, foreign documents such as birth certificate etc. must be officially translated in English.
Yes, however, we do not offer services in that area.
You can still apply for the green card through marriage.
Yes, we can request work authorization when you apply for the green card.

You must demonstrate income of at least 125 percent of the federal poverty guidelines. The following chart is for the 48 Contiguous States and the District of Columbia, excluding Alaska and Hawaii.

Chart of Federal poverty guidelines for co-sponsor of green card